Featured image is of the Atacama Cosmology Telescope in Chile.
If embed isn’t working, go here instead!
This week on These Vibes, Stevie discussed research with fellow observational cosmologist, Eve Vavagiakis. Eve is a researcher on the Atacama Cosmology Telescope, aka ACT, located in the Atacama desert in Chile. She discusses cosmology and astrophysics, her research and how she makes her measurements, and answers excellent listener questions.
- Twins and Epigenetics: “Identical twins can share more than identical genes” in Medical Xpress
- Fungal infections in ants and how it’s a sacrifice for the greater good of their colony: “Ants sacrifice their colony mates as parts of a deadly disinfection” in Phys.org
- The Meltdown and Specter computing bugs and what you can do to protect yourself
- Tell if someone’s sick or contagious, algorithmically: “Two ways you can tell someone is sick just by looking at them” in Science Magazine
- Insanely beautiful images of Jupiter from the Juno spacecraft: