The Mixcloud embed isn’t working at the moment, so you can find the audio here. (WordPress is a fickle, but free, beast.)
This was a weird thing for me to do – interview a cosmologist – because I’m a cosmologist. I tried to ask her questions to get her to explain what we do and why we do it. For your perusal, this is part 1 of out interview:
- Dr. Renée’s Hlozek’s website.
- The Death of the Universe animated TED special (I highly recommend).
- .Astronomy conference
- Distance measurements in astronomy:
- Excellent NASA article on dark matter and dark energy
- Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB), standard Big Bang Picture
- Polarization of light, polarization of the CMB
^^ Polarization of the CMB from the BICEP2 results last year (primarily due to the CMB light filtering through dust in our galaxy before it reaches out telescopes).